The best way to increase customer retention and generate more business through your existing customer base is to stay connected with them. Social media is the way to stay connected with your customers and clients in real time and in a more personal way.
Customer connectivity generates customer loyalty and customer loyalty generates more referral business. Using social media outlets to stay connected to customers and clients is a must for customer retention and new customer acquisition.
Brand messaging through social media is both effective and revealing. Using social media to extend your brand is effective because consumer thoughts about your brand are shared within social circles online in real time and travel further and faster than any other avenue of consumer sharing.
Search engines now show reviews in search results. Another way consumers share with family, friends, and friends of friends is through Facebook. Facebook is the largest social media outlet in the world with just under one billion active users. If you are looking to extend your brand, how important is it to be in Facebook?
When a good social media marketing strategy has been implemented the outcome is good lead generation. Social media sharing is effective because it’s based on trust as interest’s are shared with family and friends. There is no better lead than one that comes from a family member or a friend.
Social media plays a big role in generating traffic because there are so many people using social sites.
- The number of global social network active users using main social sites is currently over 6 billion.
- Some top social platforms are Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, and Pinterest.
- Active usage of the major global social platforms is growing worldwide, with mobile being the key driver.
- Facebook currently has over 2 billion active users, 2017.
- Nearly all are “mobile only” Facebook users.
- Facebook offers geo targeted search and geo targeted advertising.
- YouTube is the second most used search engine, behind Google.
- YouTube currently has more than 1.3 billion active users.
- More than 30 million visitors per day.
- The majority of videos are watched on mobile devices.
- YouTube offers geo targeted search and geo targeted advertising.
Search engine algorithms pull information from social media sources and are considered when putting out search results.